Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lunch in a bun


I'm becoming a fan of Starbucks sandwiches. Provided they are served hot and eaten right away. I try to get something new whenever I can, although I don't think it's helping in my battle against the bulge. Some favorites of mine include the Baked Sicilian Fish with Rustic Vegetables, the Tomato, Basil and Cheese Bagel (though they've now changed it to foccacia) and if I'm really in the mood to indulge, there is the Italian Ham with Three Cheeses.
Today for lunch I tried their Ham, Chicken and Gruyere ( I love gruyere) in a black sesame seed bun. The sesame seeds add a whole lot more flavor to the bread and when I ate the sandwich freshly heated, the ham, chicken and cheese all seemed to melt into my mouth in a lovely, delectable medley of flavors.


Sandwiches make for an easy, non-messy snack (well, unless they're filled with sauce and overstuffed) that don't take up too much space in your bag but depending on the ingredients a lot of space in your tummy. When I'm in a hurry, this is my go-to-meal, and on a very, very inspired day, I can actually make one for myself. But, that is a rare moment in my no-cook existence.

There are lots of new delis opening up, serving up fresh meats, cheeses, and other savory delights on a variety of breads, so pick your carb-buddy of choice, and have fun with your bun!

1 comment:

  1. I love their Baked Sicilian Fish! And my default sandwich is their Tuna Dill hahaha

    ReplyDelete