Saturday, February 19, 2011

Breakfast at Gerald's


I'm always on the lookout for a great place to grab a quick snack or a delicious breakfast. It was my mom who actually turned me on to Gerald's a little known (for now) deli on the 2/f of Ecoplaza along Pasong Tamo extension. She and her yoga friends would go there after yoga to well, un-yoga their bodies by stuffing themselves with coffee and butter-filled flakey goodness.

First off, was coffee. Now, I'm not much of a coffee drinker but I will try a cup if it's early enough in the morning and I know I have the rest of the day to "shake" off its effects
The coffee I tried wasn't bad, it wasn't too acidic and I loved the spoon-like sugar holders.
My mom ordered her favorite butter croissant and she let me try a little bit of it, this particular croissant gets sold out quickly as they only make a certain amount per day. If you are dying to have one and they've just run out, then be prepared to wait about 20 mins for a new one.

Finally, I ordered my quiche, this is probably one of my favorite "frenchie" dishes, I have enjoyed the ones served at Mickey's (on Jupiter) and Alexandre (in Fort Bonifacio) so I'm always on the lookout for something new. I thought I'd just get one slice, but it turns out for Php 170 you get the whole piece which I thought was quite generous. It wasn't as tasty as the spinach quiche I normally get at Mickey's and I enjoy the side salad and almost unlimited bread servings you get at Alexandre, but this was soft and tasty. In the beginning, after the first bite I thought it tasted a little too eggy, but as I worked my way through it, it got better and better. Gerald's is open everyday except Sundays. Some have told me that the owner (who I assume is named Gerald) used to sell his wares at the American Women's Bazaar. Gerald's also has a freezer section where you can buy all sorts of ready to eat (after unfreezing) goodies. Including a frozen paella. I'd much rather stick to the fresh out of the oven breads instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment