Sunday, April 3, 2011

Healthy Cooking


I actually attended a cooking lesson last weekend at The Farm in San Benito. This was for their restaurant called Alive! Most of the food served is raw, there are some dishes (minimal) that are cooked over 40 degrees C. I guess that takes getting used to since I'm so used to hot food (temperature and taste wise).
The chef who had a hard time articulating what he was doing (he had the F and the P syndrome) made up for it with his energy and smile. He obviously loved what he was doing (as a cook) but not necessarily as someone who had to explain what he did.
We watched him make cheese, out of macadamia nuts, miso, rock salt and nutritional yeast as well as pesto (which was delicious) I am a big fan of pesto and if I were to go vegetarian I would probably have this everyday.


We were served the cheese and pesto with crackers that are actually made on The Farm using young coconut. The taste was pleasant and the texture was still crunchy. It was quite amazing. I would recommend that everyone try and have some time out in The Farm to enjoy this wonderful and very nutritional way or enjoying more enzymes in their dishes. And if you like to cook, you may want to add some of their recipes into your home's menu for everyone's benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment