Friday, January 28, 2011

So des ne! (The art of turning Japanese-ah!)


Japanese food is a true favorite of mine, and I daresay of many foodie filipinos. There is an abundance of Jap restaurants in the metropolis but there is a great concentration it seems in the areas near Makati Cinema Square. Little Tokyo is a little compound full of Yakiniku treats and the like. but today found me crossing through Little Tokyo and out into the Pasong Tamo area for always busy Kikufuji.
What's on the menu? A whole lot, and thankfully, with pictures to boot. It seems whoever put the actual menu together thought, a picture paints a thousand sushis. So, des, ka.
I'm not sure if I picked the business lunch meal, or the lunch set of the day but it came with a whole bunch of appetizers, which, if I was on one of my extreme diets again would have been enough for me.
There was a bit of sashimi, some tempura fish, cold veggie salad and even a warm veggie mix...and that was just for starters!
What was my dish of choice? Chirashi Don:

It even came with a generous helping of miso soup and I had hot Japanese tea to help ease them through my digestive system. Dessert was either iced coffee or fresh fruit. I went for the fruit which was a cleverly sliced banana, I should have taken a picture but it wasn't that photogenic. It was extremely sweet though and took away the lingering aftertaste of fish and soy sauce from my mouth.

I'm thinking that this would be a wonderful place to bring my Brunchie Brunch, we could get one of the more private sitting areas where we could sit on little cushions in traditional Jap style and chat away while we poke fun at each other and, knowing the way some our conversations begin to deteriorate into deviancy (is that even a word) probably make sexual innuendos pertaining to our meals. Sayonara for now everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment